Handmade placemat with braided thread allusive to Loiça de Sacavém, printed on one side.
Diversified Recycled Fibers
Machine wash 30ºC max, short spin
Do not use bleach / whitener
Iron 150 °C max
Do not dry clean
Do not tumble dry
- Craftwork at the table is translated as our placemats.
- 100% handmade, the placemats became a singular element at the table. "They jumped from the walls onto the table” it’s the phrase our clients say so often. Used to see the plates of Loiça de Sacavém on the walls of older generations,
- today they are present at the dinning table.
- Our inspirations don’t come solely from the Loiça de Sacavém.
- The oblique cross stitch composed of two half crosses, known as Arraiolos, came to give an unique touch to our inspirations’ universe.
- PRATOS - Inspired by the exterior tiles of the Mercado Municipal of Vila Franca de Xira, the “Estátua” ou “Cavalinho” Plate, printed with varied colors, is part of our history. We got used to seeing those famous Loiça de Sacavém Plates dressing the walls of our parents or grandparents house.
- Nowadays converted into a museum, the Fábrica de Loiça de Sacavém, founded in 1856, stood out in the national and international ceramic’s panorama of the 20th century. Since then, the ceramics became a material with a strong fabrication tradition in Portugal. An art that has gained strength and has been affirmed in our culture and heritage.
- In our collection, the Loiça de Sacavém plates are present from rugs to blankets. Our present is our history.